Studying at the University of Greenwich is more than just getting a degree, you will be a part of a friendly community that will help you discover new talents and achieve extraordinary things. Study at one of the most stunning campuses in the UK, in the heart of London, and live in one of the most welcoming, safe and friendly boroughs in the city. Surrounded by acres of parks, Greenwich is by far the greenest university in central London. Experience England in its most pure and traditional form: the historical profile of the campus, combined with the large-scale investments we have made in world-class teaching, IT and social facilities, in recent years. All this at London's doorstep.
About the university
The University of Greenwich traces its roots back to 1890. The main campus is situated at the Old Royal Naval College near the banks of River Thames. Students from more than 160 countries attend the university making the University of Greenwich one of the top most globally diverse universities. Greenwich was named one of the “most international” universities on the planet by Times Higher Education magazine.
In the top 7%
The University of Greenwich ranks in the top 7% worldwide, offering 200+ undergraduate programmes and 150+ postgraduate programmes in three campuses with four faculties. These faculties include Faculty of Liberal Arts and Sciences, Business School, Faculty of Education and Health and Faculty of Engineering and Science. The main intake is in the month of September when most of the programmes begin and for some specific programmes, there is a January intake.
Most of the programmes are accredited by professional bodies depending on the programme you choose to study. These professional bodies include the Engineering Accreditation Board, British Computer Society, Institution of Engineering and Technology and many more. This specifies that the accredited programme is of high quality and meets the needs of the industry.
The teaching staff at the University of Greenwich are specialised in their discipline and possess substantial knowledge about the relevant industry. You will study in a diverse environment along with other International Students and learn the differentperspectives on a particular topic. This will be accompanied by facilities provided by the university in form of laboratories, libraries, computing, sports and social spaces where £80 million+ have been invested in last 5 years. Each campus has its own library with working spaces, group study rooms, computers and thousands of books.
The Dreadnought Building, on our Greenwich campus, was shortlisted for the Architect Journal’s Retrofit Awards 2019 and opened its doors in September 2018. Since its opening it has become the home to the Greenwich Students' Union, the new Lower Deck venue and coffee shops, the gym, the Radio and Media studios and many of our Student and Academic Services.
Remember that college is only 3 years in the UK. Completing a bachelor's degree in the UK in 3 years rather than 4 means that you will be expecting to save a considerable amount of money on your college education. American students coming to Greenwich can also receive financial assistance through the US Government's Federal Student Aid scheme.
The proximity of the campus to central London means that there's always plenty of fun to have while studying with us. Whether it's trying out new restaurants, go clubbing or enjoy arts and theatre performances, you will never run out of ideas to spend your free time.
Also, do not forget that you will have hundreds of destinations within Europe that you will be able to visit during your time here. Plane tickets to Amsterdam, Rome, Paris, Madrid, Athens and plenty more are extremely cheap, and all these cities are only a couple of hours of flight time away.
- The University of Greenwich has received 9 - Times Higher Education Awards, 4 – Queen’s Anniversary Prizes for Higher & Further Education and 2 – Guardian University Award.
- Times Higher Education Awards won by the university includes Most Innovative Teacher, Outstanding Engineering Research, Outstanding International Strategy, Outstanding Contribution to Innovation & Technology and Sustainable Development.
You can choose to study one of the High Ranked Programmes (2019) including:
- Accounting and Finance - #3 in London for Student Satisfaction
- Architecture - #3 in London for Student Satisfaction
- Computer Science - #4 in London for Student Satisfaction
- Economics - #1 in London for student satisfaction, #7 in the UK for student satisfaction
- Hospitality, Events and Tourism - #1 overall in London League Table, Top 5 for Student Satisfaction in London
- Law - #1 in London for Student Satisfaction, #4 in the UK for Student Satisfaction, 97% and 96% for overall satisfaction.
- Mathematics - #1 in London for Student Satisfaction, #4 in the UK for Student Satisfaction
- Psychology – #4 in London for Student Satisfaction
- Sociology - #1 in London for Student Satisfaction
For more information about how to apply to the University of Greenwich, please contact one of our Across the Pond Advisors.