Free Expert
Advice &

Speak to an Advisor today


Entry requirements vary at Across the Pond's partner universities. Below is a guide to the minimum entry requirements. If you are unsure, simply contact one our UK Study Experts to find out more.

Undergraduate degree programs in the UK

If you want to study at one of the Britain’s leading universities, completion of a Canadian secondary school diploma is the most basic requirement for being eligible to study in the UK. Different universities will have different requirements; however, most will expect applicants to complete a secondary school diploma in accordance with their provincial or territorial standards as a minimum requirement.

Our Advisors can help you find the right program at the right academic level for you. BA and BSc degrees can be completed in 3 years in England and Wales and in 4 years in Scotland.

Graduate degree programs in the UK

Canadian students who have graduated with a bachelor’s degree from an accredited Canadian university, with a good grade point average (usually but not exclusively 2.3 or higher), will be considered for graduate study. This will normally be a graduate UK diploma (9 months), taught master's (12 months) or research based Master’s degree. The British research based baster's graduate program is normally 12-24 months in length and is focused on a major research project and not around classroom based teaching.

If you already know you want to pursue a PhD degree, this is a fantastic option you can explore further. Master’s degree holders will be considered for PhD studies.